Jia Hsin is a Vietnam-based footwear supplier for top world brands such as Adidas, Puma, Lacoste, Diesel and more. They have developed CSR-environment management in the heart of Jia Hsin Co. and integrated it to the company’s business strategy, which has made them to be one of the best CSR practitioners in the supply chain.
- To implement CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) in their company in order to improve work conditions, protect human rights as well as the environment while meeting the CSR requirements of international shoe brands
/Jia Hsin's approach is based on the belief that real involvement of stakeholders can be a source of mutual benefits, particularly in customer-supplier relationships, in order to create a responsible supply chain. CSR is a source of competitiveness and sustainability. Jia Hsin customers, Government bodies, and the VCCI (Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry) help in providing guidelines, advice, assistance and sometimes financial sponsorship that support the integration of more stringent manufacturing standards and processes than those of the local legal obligations.
Workers’ health & working environment:
● More construction investment to have a high production building for
better ventilation. From ground to roof is 18-
● Apply policy of non-discrimination, freedom of association, no abuse and harassment. ● Suggestion Box for any complaints/claim from workers on various issues. ● Transfer pregnant workers to light and non-toxic jobs. ● Localize and encourage female management team
● Collect rain water drain for fire-fighting water tanks; use water-saving toilet basins and water faucets; use power-saving fluorescent lights, special building design to utilize natural light instead of using fluorescent lights. ● Solid waste separation. ● Collect used batteries from workers’ family and surrounding community, which is then treated as hazardous waste, rather than throwing them away or leaving them as domestic waste. ● Conduct the training activities to raise workers’ awareness and involvement in environmental protection: Posters, band-roll, quiz shows, variety shows, plant tree, cleaning public area, etc. ● Save paper. Use 2 sides of paper and limit printing. ● In the process of issuing the GRI sustainability report (level C) by the middle of 2011. ● Promote and transfer solvent-based to water-based chemicals to reduce chemical VOC (volatile organic compounds).
- Enhanced employee motivation which improves production
- Using CSR to be competitive and keep long term business
- Improved work conditions and protecting human rights
- Saving energy and water